Construction Site for Disney’s Skyliner has begun.
The exciting announcement for the gondola system was made at last week’s D23, now it’s time for the details!
Here are the highlights….
Connecting points for Disney’s gondola system:
- EPCOT (including access to the surrounding Boardwalk)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- POP Century
- Art Of Animation
- Caribbean Beach
- and soon to be DVC Riviera Resort
There will be 3 tracks to connect all the destinations, with back up cables to ensure safety for everyone.
Highlights of the Skyliner:
- Each cabin will hold 8 adults
- The whole system can transport 5,000 people per hour
- At 5,000 people per hour, this should hold up to all except the most crowded of days
- Wi-Fi – Woo-Hoo as you may need a Mickey Roadster Racer break for the little ones
- No Air Conditioning….. What?!?! even with vents, this might be a deal breaker, but I really do understand, I’m not completely unreasonable….
- Gondola cars are large enough to hold wheelchairs, large strollers and small ECVs (so watch your toes)
- Hopefully strollers can be left open like on monorail and not like on buses so that little ones might be able to snatch a little nap and mommies and daddies don’t have to be dripping in sweat for them to do so 🙂
No official date for opening has been set, but Disney is planning opening late 2018, early 2019. With even possible add on’s to follow in the years to come. Now that’s even more exciting news.
So start planning your trips now, for early 2019 to be on the safe side.
If you see him before we do…..
Say Hi to Mickey
~Alissa & Kae